Tuesday 19 February 2013

Oldhammer Day at the Foundry 31st August- 1st September CONFIRMED!


The possibilities are endless. Get involved!
Realm of Chaos 80s is proud to announce the first 'Oldhammer Weekender' will be held at the Wargames Foundry in Nottingham on the 31st August to the 1st of September.


The two day event has been made possible by the INCREDIBLE support provided to us by Bryan and Marcus Ansell. 

Details have yet to be fully ironed out (as you would expect) but Realm of Chaos 80s can reveal a few juicy morsels that should (hopefully) be taking place.

*Warhammer Third Edition (or anything old school really) Bring and Battle
*Old School Warhammer Exhibition Games - most likely Orc's Drift etc
*Realm of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness 25th Anniversary Khorne vs Slaanesh massed warband narrative battle, run by Realmofchaos80s itself!
*A bring and buy sale.
*Foundry's original Citadel Ranges available for purchase. 

Small scale art/miniature exhibitions from the collection of Bryan Ansell and possibly others.
*Refreshments, food and a licensed bar at reasonable prices.


Ideally, we are working to ensure that this event remains totally free but some sort of booking system will be required so we can be prepared for numbers.

Details about how you can book your place will be made available shortly.

To keep up to date, follow the planning over on the BLOOD forum.
http://bloodforum.treps.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=360


6 comments:

  1. That's great news - this sounds like it's going to be everything that a gaming event should be: a colourful celebration. Getting properly started on my Slaaneshi warband this evening...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time to start booking annual leave, travel arrangements and accommodation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, more importantly, if I pull out all the stops I can finish my Oldhammer Dark Elf Army and field it for the first time at the first ever Oldhammer Day!!! Geektastic!

      Delete
  3. I find it great news! I most sincerely wish you the best for this event :) It looks pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously cant wait for this. I've often wished that I'd have been to the Citadel open days of the 1980s because I never managed to at the time. This is the next best thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally up for this! I'll do my best to have a small warband assembled for the narrative event, but I intend on coming along anyway!
    Also, what Citadel ranges can they still sell? Not chaos warriors surely!?

    ReplyDelete